Burny’s Vegan Fried Cauliflower With a Kick Recipe
Serves 4 • Prep 25 min • Cook 15 min • Difficulty Average
- 3/4 cup – Burny Wild’s Adventure Sauce
- 1/4 cup – low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup – canola oil
- 1 large head – cauliflower (cut into bite-size pieces)
- Oil (for frying)
- 3 – scallions
- 12oz – beer, IPA or pale ale preferred
(12oz seltzer water can be substituted)
- 1 ¾ cup – AP flour
- 2 tsp – salt
- 2 cups – AP flour
- 1 tbsp – smoked paprika
- 1 tsp – ground black pepper
- In a 9×9” baking dish, whisk together all Dredge ingredients and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all Batter ingredients.
- Pour 2-3 inches of frying oil into a deep-sided dutch oven and heat medium-heat until it reaches 350ºF.
- Meanwhile, add cauliflower florets to batter and toss to coat. Using two forks, lift cauliflower from batter, allow to drain briefly,
and transfer to the dredge. Keep cauliflower in dredge for 2 minutes, then flip and coat the cauliflower fully in the dredge.
- Carefully lower cauliflower into the oil and fry for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove cauliflower from oil and let drain on paper towels. PRO-TIP fry the cauliflower in two batches for best results
- Just before serving, whisk together all Sauce ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the fried cauliflower pieces and toss to fully coat. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with scallions and enjoy!
Six Simple Vegan Recipes – FREE Download
Six mouthwatering vegan recipes, downloadable instantly.